There are 7 sub-headings shown across the top of this web site:
2. About *
3. Programs *
4. Resources *
7. Login *
* The down arrowheads indicate additional options on the affiliated menu indicating it is a drop-down menu which means that by clicking on the down arrowhead, these options appear for the user to select.
Under the "About” menu, the options most utilized are:
· About Us --- a short dissertation on our Post and includes the name and phone # of our Membership Committee Chair
· Officers --- name & photo of our current Officers
· Taps --- photos & short biographies of deceased members
Under the "Programs” menu, the options most utilized are:
· Youth Essay Contests --- describes the various annual essay for the current contest year, for Grades 5-12, sponsored by VFW. It shows the themes, rules, forms and potential financial payments to the top winners
· The Joint Service Committee (JSC)--- two entries that 1) discuss the services JSC provides and 2) some success stories. The JSC helps veterans navigate the VA maze to get their VA claims accepted --- either initially or on appeal. The JSC is headed by comrade Rob Caldwell who is not only a licensed attorney, but it certified by the VA; his specialty is helping veterans with PTSD.
Under the "Resources” menu, the option most utilized is:
· Veteran Benefits & Assistance (100s of links to useful web sites). Based on the feedback received, this option is the one most used on our web site.
Under the "News” menu, the options most utilized are:
· News – current veteran related news (usually from Military.com) - updated often (usually daily)
· Announcements – updated less often and is more Post related
Under the "Login” menu, there is only one option you can use:
· Members Only
1. Requires the VFW Member ID
2. Password is the VFW Member's last name e.g. the password for Eli Smith is "Smith”
As an aside:
1) You ONLY need to use the Login menu when you want to use the "Members Only" option. There is no need to login to use any other option on the web site
2) We are not aware of anyone who uses "Webmail”
3) There are 2 co-webmasters who can use "Site Admin” (Post Commander & Quartermaster)
Two of the sub-headings do NOT have dropdown menus: "Home” & "Contact”:
· "Home” has 2 aspects that are not obvious to the casual observer:
o While there are no "Options”, it automatically slides sideways every 10 seconds. the slides are updated often
o Scrolling down is another way to get to "Announcements”
· "Contact” provides names & their phone numbers that you can call to query about our Post. It also provides our mailing address, meeting address and the day/time that we meet each month.
To support our Post by donating money, use the "Donate Now" buttons at the bottom of some web pages.
# # #