There are 7 menus across the top of this web site:
2. About *
3. Programs *
4. Resources *
7. Login *
* The down arrowheads indicate it is a drop-down menu with additional options, which appear once you left click on the menu.
Under the "About” menu; the more popular options are:
· About Us: a short dissertation on our Post and includes the name and phone # of our Membership Committee Chair
· Officers: names & photos of both the elected & appointed officers
· Taps: photos & short biographies of deceased members
Under the "Programs” menu; the more populare options are:
o Youth Essay Contests: describes the various National VFW annual essays for 2022-2023 (once they are announced)
o The U.S. Constitution: complete text after the original draft, written by James Madison, was debated and modified
o 27 Amendments to the U.S. Constitution: complete text (these Amendments are considered part of the full Consitution)
o The Declaration of Independence: complete text as written by Thomas Jefferson
Under the "Resources” menu; the more popular options are:
· Veteran Benefits & Assistance (100s of links to useful web sites). This is, by far, the most used option on this web site
· WA State Service Officers: names, hours, phone numbers & email addresses
· U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff: names & photos of each Joint Chief & names of the civilian Military Secretaries who oversee them
· Unified Combatant Commands: names of the 11 UCCs, who is in charge & what are their operational responsibilities
· Branches of the U.S. Government: a quick Civics lesson. Lists the 3 branches of the U.S. government including the names & titles of prominent members of the Executive Branch under the President
· Timeline on who could vote in the United States: from 1776 to 2021
· Ranks of Officers & Enlisted by Branch of Military Service
· VFW National Home for Children: News from the Director
Under the "News” menu; the more popular options are:
· News: current veteran related news, updated often
· Announcements: updated less often and is more Post related
Under the "Login” menu, there is only one option you can use:
· Members Only
1. Requires the VFW Member ID
2. Password is the VFW Member's last name e.g., the password for Eli Smith is "Smith”
The first 3 entries are updated every month:
· Report of the Last Meeting
· Meeting Minutes (Last 3 Meetings)
· Newsletter (Last 3 months)
Following the above 3 entries, are some fascinating reading, broken into easily readable parts.
· First Principles – an in-depth review of this excellent book which took us through the Revolutionary War, championed by General George Washington; the Declaration of Independence, written by Thomas Jefferson; the U.S. Constitution, 1st draft written by James Madison and sufficient coverage of our first 4 U.S. Presidents (3 of which are precedingly named).
· Undaunted Courage – an in-depth review of this very good book about the Lewis & Clark Expedition; which was instigated by President Thomas Jefferson who championed the cause of retaining dominance over the territory west of the Mississippi River; out maneuvering France, Spain and Great Britain --- greatly assisted by territory obtained via the Louisiana Purchase.
· At the end are write-ups on what appears to have occurred that caused our Post to lose our Building which was called Blackburn Hall.
Two of the menus are NOT dropdown: "Home” & "Contact”:
· "Home” has 2 aspects that are not obvious to the casual observer:
o While there are no "Options”, it automatically slides sideways every 10 seconds. the slides are updated often
o Scrolling down is another way to get to "Announcements”
· "Contact” provides names & their phone numbers that you can call to query about our Post. It also provides our mailing address, meeting address and the day/time that we meet each month.
To see our Facebook page, click on VFW Post 3348 | Facebook
# # #