There are 7 Posts in District #2 --- they are:
1. Post 2289 (Rainier) --- Richard Moore (425) 271-2948; no web site
2. Post 2713 (West Seattle) --- [Farwell Roosevelt]; Steve Strand (206) 383-4141; web site: www.vfw2713.org
3. Post 2826 (Vashon Island) --- Mike Mattingly (206) 423-3155; no web site
4. Post 3063 (Ballard/Fremont) --- [aka Ballard-Eagleson]; Harold Rodenberger (206) 972-2135; web site: www.vfwseattle.org
5. Post 3348 (Shoreline/North Seattle) --- [aka Blackburn-Aurora]; Thom Fermstad (425) 766-5987; web site: you are in it
6. Post 4314 (Burien/Des Moines) --- [aka Highline]; Jim Morrison (206) 218-6764; no web site
7. Post 6599 (Seattle) --- Michelle Love (253) 341-8787; web site: www.6599.org
Three (3) of the Posts in District #2 own their own building: Rainier, West Seattle & Ballard. Three (3) of the other 7 borrow their meeting location. VFW Post 6599 (Seattle) meets at the Rainier Post. Six (6) of the Posts have their own Auxiliary; Post 3348 does not.
The Auxiliary largely consists of spouses of their associated VFW Posts; this largely consists of wives but is not limited to women. Men may join an Auxiliary as long as they are related to a veteran who belongs to a Post in District #2.
Dates of interest (all Saturdays) for VFW District #2 are:
· Nov 16, 2019 - District #2 Meeting @ West Seattle (hand in VOD & Patriot Pen entries)
· Jan 25, 2020 - Ice Cream Social for District #2 Youth Essay Award winners
· Feb 15, 2020 - District #2 Meeting @ Rainier (Memorial Service)
· Apr 25, 2020 - District #2 Meeting @ Ballard (Nomination & Election of New Officers for 2020-2021)
The newly elected District #2 Auxiliary President is Adrienne Westmiller (206) 883-0664.
We have some superb & highly qualified comrades in place to guide VFW District #2; they are:
- The District #2 Sr Vice Commander (2019-2020) is Harold Rodenberger. Harold is a 5-time Past Post Commander for Ballard Post 3063 and is now, and has been for the past 5 years, their Quartermaster. He is also a VFW Gold Legacy Life member. He was awarded the 2018 "Veteran of the Year" for the State of Washington.
- The District #2 Jr Vice Commander (2019-2020) is Jim Morrison. Jim is a Past Post Commander for Highline Post 4314 (in Burien) and is now, and has been for the past 16 years, their Quartermaster.
- The District #2 Quartermaster (2019-2020) is Richard Moore. Richard is a Past District #2 Commander. He is now, and has been for the past 8 years, the District #2 Quartermaster.
- The District #2 Chief of Staff (2019-2020) is Michelle Love. Michelle is the 2-time Post Commander for Seattle Post 6599 and a Past District #2 Commander. She is the VFW State Adjutant reporting to the State Commander John Rust (2019-2020).
- The District #2 Commander (2019-2020) is Chris Christophersen; he has been for the past 9 years, and is again, the Post Commander for VFW Post 3348 (Shoreline & North Seattle).
# # #