· the President of the United States (POTUS)
· the Secretary of Defense (SecDef)
· the Homeland Security Council, and
· the National Security Council
The Joint Chiefs have NO operational or command authority; they are high level advisors. Operational & Command is the responsibility of the 11 Unified Combatant Commands (UCCs). [See "Resources" menu to read about the 11 "Unified Combatant Commands".]
Enlisted advisor: Chief Master Sergeant Ramon Colon-Lopez is the senior non-commissioned officer in the U.S. Armed Forces; E9, U.S. Air Force. He is the Senior Enlisted Advisor to the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
The Joint Chiefs of Staff consists of the:
· Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (Mark Milley)
· Vice Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (John Hyten)
· Military Service Chiefs:
o U.S. Army - Chief of Staff of the Army (General James McConville)
o U.S. Navy - Chief of Naval Operations (Admiral Mike Gilday)
o U.S. Air Force - Chief of Staff of the Air Force (General Charles "CQ" Brown)
o U.S. Marine Corps - Commandant of the Marine Corps (General David Berger)
U.S. National Guard
Bureau - Chief of the National Guard Bureau (General Daniel Hokanson)
o U.S. Space Force - Chief of Space Operations (General John Raymond)
each of them is appointed by the U.S. President and confirmed by the U.S. Senate and each of the individual Military Service Chiefs works directly for their (Civilian) respective U.S. Secretary of their respective Military Department i.e.
· Secretary of the Army (U.S. Army & U.S. National Guard) - Christine Wormuth
· Secretary of the Navy (U.S. Navy & U.S. Marine Corps [in Wartime, U.S. Coast Guard is included]) - Carlos Del Toro (Nominee)
· Secretary of the
Air Force (U.S. Air Force & U.S. Space Force) - John P. Roth
John William "Jay" Raymond is a United States Space Force General serving as its 1st chief of space operations. He is the Space Force's highest-ranking officer. Reports to the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
Our programs support our service members while they are on the front line, as they are being discharged and long after they return. Your tax-deductible donation will be immediately directed to the VFW programs where your support is most urgently needed.