· the President of the United States (POTUS)
· the Secretary of Defense (SecDef)
· the Homeland Security Council, and
· the National Security Council
The Joint Chiefs have NO operational or command authority; they are high level advisors. Operational & Command authority belongs to the 11 Unified Combatant Commands (UCCs). [See "Resources" menu for what makes up the 11 "Unified Combatant Commands".]
Enlisted advisor: Sergeant Major John Wayne Troxell is the senior non-commissioned officer in the U.S. Armed Forces; E9, U.S. Army. He is the Senior Enlisted Advisor to the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
The Joint Chiefs of Staff consists of the:
· Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (Mark Milley)
· Vice Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (John Hyten)
· Military Service Chiefs:
o U.S. Army (General James McConville)
o U.S. Navy (Admiral Mike Gilday)
o U.S. Air Force (General Charles "CQ" Brown)
o U.S. Marine Corps (General David Berger)
o U.S. National Guard Bureau (General Daniel Hokanson)
o U.S. Coast Guard (Admiral Karl Schultz)
o U.S. Space Force (General John Raymond)
each of them is appointed by the U.S. President and confirmed by the U.S. Senate and each of the individual Military Service Chiefs works directly for their (Civilian) respective U.S. Secretary of their respective Military Department i.e.
· Secretary of the Army (U.S. Army) - Ryan D. McCarthy
· Secretary of the Navy (U.S. Navy & U.S. Marine Corps & in Wartime, U.S. Coast Guard) - Kenneth Braithwaite
· Secretary of the
Air Force (U.S. Air Force & U.S. Space Force) - Barbara Barrett
John William "Jay" Raymond is a United States Space Force General serving as its 1st chief of space operations. He is the Space Force's highest-ranking officer. Reports to the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
Our programs support our service members while they are on the front line, as they are being discharged and long after they return. Your tax-deductible donation will be immediately directed to the VFW programs where your support is most urgently needed.